LET US ASSIST, JUST TELL US WHEN!
Before you become exhausted and overwhelmed, know that you don’t have to do it all or alone. We can help and assist you. If you do not tell us, we can assure you that we know when to reach out to you. It’s perfectly ok to ask for help, or refuse it.
Valiant Hospice & Palliative Care will do what is necessary to support your goals, execute your wishes and offer solutions. We believe in minimizing your concerns through communication, resources and guidance.
- Provides resources to support and educate the patient at home for their comfort and safety
- Assists with living wills and medical power of attorney forms, etc.
- Helps with health insurance issues, etc.
- Connects you with an array of resources and education to best serve you and your family
- If necessary, a social worker can help you transition to another living environment if living alone is no longer a safe option
At times, a family caregiver requires a serious break. Please let one of your team members know.
You have access to our chaplains for gentle reassurance, to comfort your spirit, your fears or any concerns. Whatever your belief system, it will be honored with the highest degree of respect. Our chaplains desire to provide spiritual comfort in the manner that is respectful to you. Sometimes it is simply to listen, pray, read, laugh, sing and gently guide. The Chaplain can also connect you with many resources for your benefit such as making a call on your behalf to your church or group leader. You are splendidly unique, and our chaplains know it.
Valiant Hospice & Palliative Care provides exceptional training to community volunteers for the sole benefit of our patients, families and their caregivers. The volunteers can offer respite time to exhausted family members by running errands, providing social visits with patients, listening, validation, humor, compassion, crafts, games etc., so that the family caregiver can focus on well-deserved time for themselves.